Hospice Source, a leading national provider of Durable Medical Equipment to hospice patients, is seeking an experienced Respiratory Therapist in the Northern California area to join our growing organization. Come be a part of a great team as we work to continue our mission of providing compassionate care to every patient, every time.
As a Respiratory Therapist you will oversees daily clinical operations by ensuring compliance with operational policies and procedures. Delivers and provides instruction to patients and/or caregivers. Provides and evaluates the effectiveness of respiratory care and coordinates respiratory services. Provide training, direction and clinical information to patients, staff and Hospice Partners. Responsible for compliance with ACHC and other governing agencies.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Ensures courteous and efficient set-ups are performed for all patients
- Ensures compliance and proper procedures for handling of respiratory patients
- Participates in training, staff meetings, orientations, inservice education and conferences
- Ensures the cleanliness and condition of medical equipment and supplies meet company standards and the need of patients and referral sources in the field and in the warehouse.
- Delivers and provides instruction to patients and/or caregivers in the operation, use, application, safety precautions and maintenance of equipment and supplies
- Assists patients and Hospice Partners in solving problems regarding equipment and supplies
- Prepares clinical notes as applicable and ensures compliance with JCAHO guidelines
- Ensures company compliance with ACHC by evaluating activities, modifying procedures and policies to meet guidelines. Corrects deficiencies and provides update reports
- Instructs Patient technician staff, hospice partners with appropriate use and functionality of equipment and supplies. Maintains training outlines and attendance
- Exchanges information and coordinates activities with other team members as appropriate
- Cleans, disinfects, logs and checks for proper function of all medical and non-medical equipment.
- Ensures logged information is complete and accurately documented for tracking and inventory purpose
- Maintain inventory records and levels
- Assumes on call responsibility
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL BRIING
- Must live within service area
- Credentials as a respiratory therapist, Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) or Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) is preferred but other medical credentials may be acceptable (e.g., RN, LPN, LPV) depending upon state licensure laws.
- Must be licensed in primary state of home office as required by state law and provide a copy of license to the location
- May be required to obtain license in neighboring states as required by service area.
- High School diploma, Bachelor’s Degree preferred; or 1+ years related DME experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Six Sigma training / completion preferred.
- Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manual. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of mangers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 lbs